- The Ideal Pet Blog - Ideal Pet Products
- Let's celebrate National Rescue Dog Day!
Let's celebrate National Rescue Dog Day!
National Rescue Dog Day is observed every year on May 20th to bring awareness to the countless number of amazing dogs in shelters around the country who deserve a second chance at a forever home. According to the National Rescue Dog Day official website (yes, there is one of those!):
Here are some great ways you can celebrate, whether you have a rescue dog or not.
1. Post a photo - Share a photo of your rescue dog on social media by using #nationalrescuedogday. Explain what makes your rescue dog special to inspire others to adopt!
2. Give love - Shower your rescue dog with love in the form of a leisurely walk, a delicious treat, a new toy, or just some extra cuddle time.
3. Adopt - Adopt a dog from a local shelter or a pure breed rescue group to save a life.
4. Foster - Provide a temporary home for a rescue dog. Shelter dogs benefit from socialization and thrive better away from the shelter environment. This is also a great way to see if you’re ready to adopt and make a life-long commitment.
5. Help a shelter - Check your local shelter website to donate and to view their wish list of much needed items such as blankets, toys, treats, and leashes. You can also host a bake sale, car wash, or other event and donate the proceeds back to the shelter.
6. Volunteer - Help out at your local shelter. Taking dogs for walks, grooming, and giving them plenty of affection improves their socialization.
7. Spay/Neuter - Be responsible for your pets. Overpopulation is the number one reason shelters exist.
8. Educate - Teach young children the importance of kindness, unconditional love, and responsible care of all animals.
WELL WORTH IT! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Easy installation, and very good quality. I use for cats. It's easy for them to get in and out. I also appreciate how the flap stays shut even on windy days. Satisfied!
Posted by Unknown on March 27, 2023