National Rescue Dog Day is observed every year on May 20th to bring awareness to the countless number of amazing dogs in shelters around the country who deserve a second chance at a forever home. According to the National Rescue Dog Day official website (yes, there is one of those!):
Here are some great ways you can celebrate, whether you have a rescue dog or not.
1. Post a photo - Share a photo of your rescue dog on social media by using #nationalrescuedogday. Explain what makes your rescue dog special to inspire others to adopt!
2. Give love - Shower your rescue dog with love in the form of a leisurely walk, a delicious treat, a new toy, or just some extra cuddle time.
3. Adopt - Adopt a dog from a local shelter or a pure breed rescue group to save a life.
4. Foster - Provide a temporary home for a rescue dog. Shelter dogs benefit from socialization and thrive better away from the shelter environment. This is also a great way to see if you’re ready to adopt and make a life-long commitment.
5. Help a shelter - Check your local shelter website to donate and to view their wish list of much needed items such as blankets, toys, treats, and leashes. You can also host a bake sale, car wash, or other event and donate the proceeds back to the shelter.
6. Volunteer - Help out at your local shelter. Taking dogs for walks, grooming, and giving them plenty of affection improves their socialization.
7. Spay/Neuter - Be responsible for your pets. Overpopulation is the number one reason shelters exist.
8. Educate - Teach young children the importance of kindness, unconditional love, and responsible care of all animals.
WELL WORTH IT! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Easy installation, and very good quality. I use for cats. It's easy for them to get in and out. I also appreciate how the flap stays shut even on windy days. Satisfied!
Posted by Unknown on March 27, 2023